RECYCLER MANAGEMENT:: E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
What Is E-Waste?
- E-waste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their “useful life.” Mobile Phones and their accessories, Telephones, payphones, cordless phones, Air Conditioners, Televisions, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Computers, VCDs, stereos, copiers, and fax machines are common electronic products. Many of these products can be reused, refurbished, or recycled.
- E-waste has been one of the fastest-growing waste streams in the world. While e-waste contains valuable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, palladium, and silver, it also contains harmful substances like cadmium, lead, and mercury. In the absence of proper awareness, disposing of e-waste in landfills can result in toxic emissions to the air, water, and soil and pose serious health and environmental hazards.
GJ Associates RECYCLING PROGRAMME
- At GJ Associates we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products. GJ Associates has been working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste. Since mobiles and other electronic items are made of hazardous constituents under our e-waste policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) Government of India, called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1st Oct 2016.
- GJ Associates will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
- GJ Associates will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management. As a part of the e-waste recycling initiative, GJ Associates is working on collaborating with Greeniva Recycler, India’s leading electronic asset management and disposal company to comply with E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 in providing environmentally sound management of end of life electronics.
- As part of this partnership with Greeniva Recycler, the company will ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. Greeniva Recycler has obtained all the necessary authorizations from the appropriate governmental agencies for their processing facilities.
- Greeniva Recycler ensures proper recycling and disposal of e-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste.
- Follow the instructions for proper handling of end-of-life equipment in our catalogs
- Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorized recyclers/dismantlers
- Consult your nearest Greeniva Collection Point for disposing products that have reached end-of-life
- Drop-off used All types of Computers Parts, (Input & Output Devices), Computer Accessories, Computers Peripherals, Laptop, Laptop Accessories, Laptop Spare Parts & Printers including cartridges or any accessories at the nearest Greeniva Collection Point
- Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options
- Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage
- Never dismantle your electronic products yourself
- Never dispose of electronic products in bins having ‘Do Not Dispose of’ sign
- Never sell or give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like local scrap dealer/ rag pickers
- Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills.
In case of any queries regarding the proper disposal and/or recycling of electronics, consumers can contact the helpdesk (Toll-free) at:
Toll-Free No: 1800-102-4919